Saying “Yes” to the dress!
This is one of the first events that gets your Wedding Festivities kicked off! Make sure to have fun!! Grab your girls, have champagne, and I mean…shopping!
I know it can be stressful when trying to find the dress of your dreams but don’t let it be! You will find the one that makes you feel like a princess… just give it time. Even if you don’t find it on the first day, don’t worry! You’ll get there, so just breath! Plus, you’ll looking prettier in the dress with a smile on your face!
Bring your girls!!! When I went wedding dress shopping I brought my bridesmaids, my mom, and my new mother-in-law! We met up for mimosas and made it a whole girls day! Have fun, relax, and surround yourself with positive people and you’ll be sure to have a ball!
Try on a lots of different types! At first, I thought I wanted a ball gown. Something like a princess, super flowy and extravagant! It turned out that didn’t look good on my body type. So make sure to try on many different types to find the one you love!
Now… the question we’ve all been waiting for… the dress details! I got my dress at David’s Bridal! It was 299$. Yesss.. that’s it. It is possible to get the dress of your dreams still in your budget! Don’t feel like you have to go to a trendy boutique or specialty store to find something great! David’s Bridal has great dresses of all types an prices! AND GUESS WHAT… at the end of the day, nobody will know where your dress is from. So as long as you feel happy and comfortable, that’s all that matters!
Tips for Dress Shopping:
- Go shopping early! The suggested time to start dress shopping is around 10 months before your wedding. That way you aren’t rush ordering OR stressed to find the perfect one.
- Try it on often! If you’re like me, you will be on a wedding diet and sometimes dresses don’t fit right anymore! I had to get a completely new size because the alterations weren’t working right! Luckily, I caught it early and it was no problem!
- Try on many different types and styles to find the right one! Sometimes.. they don’t look good on the hanger, but they will surprise you when you put them on!
- If it’s a simple dress, you can always bling it up with the shoes, veil, and accessories!
- Have funnn… this is your wedding! Your fiancé will cry like a baby when he sees you, and it’s the best feeling in the world!
That’s Al about Saying “Yes” to the Dress!